Qosina is a leading global supplier of OEM single-use components for the medical and pharmaceutical industries. Through a separate certified division (Qosmedix), the company also distributes beauty tools and accessories to the cosmetic industry. Qosina’s catalogs, which feature thousands of stock items, are widely considered authoritative resources.
High Function Integration with ERP
The integration of PowerHouse with Qosina’s ERP system delivers high functionality above and beyond supply chain execution—i.e., real-time intelligence instrumental in boosting workforce productivity by 30%.
Qosina is also experiencing increased visibility at each stage of processing. This has resulted in measurable improvements in Quality Control and compliance documentation, as demonstrated by a 100% success rate with US Customs.
“PowerHouse brought together every aspect of our warehouse processing, under one integrated system,” said Thomas Iavarone, Director Operations at Qosina. “Even for a highly regulated industry like ours, efficiencies were immediate and systemic. We are seeing an average 30% decrease in picking, packing, and shipping times compared to previous years. Also welcomed, the ease with which we can now configure rules and process flows has directly contributed to our company’s growth.”
Directed Work in Real-time
Prior to working with QSSI, Qosina personnel were reliant on tribal knowledge, with valuable information about products, customers, and processes routinely going undocumented. Processing orders involved paper and laptops (no RF mobile devices), which, of course, led to cumbersome procedures for picking, packing, shipping, and restocking.
Qosina took full advantage of PowerHouse’s configurability. Our software is sector nonspecific and allows for the user to modify the system when responding to operational changes. The capacity to map data, combined with backend analytics, led to significant changes in the order fulfillment process.
Solutions in the Design
- Identifying labor in/efficiencies—at individual worker level
- Picking in real-time (interfaces in seconds)
- Scale counting and scan & pack—for easy picking and re-stocking
- Automating customized compliance labeling, e.g., Amazon vs. international importer
- Automating rate shopping—for best shipping rate
- Order tracking—visibility for customer, too
Compliance Labeling & Storage
Rules drive efficiencies for warehousing—perhaps, nowhere more evident than with the medical industry. Qosina maintains an immaculate warehouse as per the FDA’s standards for storing pharmaceutical items in safe, optimal conditions. The ability to configure rules and process flows to meet individual requirements of system operation has ensured consistent, dependable regulatory standards compliance.
Strategies for Quality Assurance
- Clear location visibility—from component to group-of-origin
- Lot control (no., exp. date, codes, product revisions)
- Fully RF enabled
- Fail-safe traceability—image association, color coding
- Clear differentiation between new/old stock
- AQL status tracking (pass, fail, quarantine)
- Packer issued label only when order complete
- Complete distribution process documentation
- Audit and recall ready
Ronkonkoma Long Island, NY
HQ & Distribution Center
- 95,000 square feet
- ISO certifications
- medical OEM
- spa/salon (B2C)
- 13,000+ catalogue items
- 8,500+ medical SKUs
- 40,000+ (avg) pieces
per 8’x8’x8’ box
- Europe (SRL)
- Netherlands (3PL partner)
- Pharmaceutical warehousing FDA CGMP standards
- SOPs are ISO certification compliant
- AES filing is Homeland Security compliant
- Complicated sourcing requests
- Low minimum order requirements
- Combined order and customer processing
- Just-in-time delivery